As I grow closer to certifying Animal Friends Adventure for an Official XBOX One release, I am trying to trickle out all the updates I’ve made to the Creators and Steam versions. Eventually Creators Edition will go away, but all purchases will automatically get the newer version.
- Initial Game loading significantly increased.
- New Players will no longer have all characters magically unlocked.
- Final Boss fight is fixed again.
- Treasure Goblins are more stabby
- Fixed potential crash caused by post processing stack. turning off some visual effects make game faster too.
- Pets: lots of fixes. This really got a decent looking into and a framework updated to expand pets. Rockster needs a new talent. Currently he’s borrowing Impy’s. Give us ideas. I’d like to make them chatty.
- The Seas turtles were absolutely annoying. Fixed them to be less annoying.
- The Scorpion had a wrong animation playing on first death. Also for creatures that resurrect, colliders are left on. This is a temporary work around for weird behaviors.
- Initial rewrite of the player is happening. Fixed the jumping mechanic and other annoyances. Planning on adding more variety to the player’s abilities.
- No crashes through world 4 confirmed. More updates later.
- Adjusting the AI. they get less confused on slopes.
- The Golems will no longer ponder the meaning of life at edges.
- Adjusted a lot of annoying things with The desert levels. One pushable springboard was too heavy. Made it lose weight.
- The mystery block in the desert was removed.
- In the desert, level 4, There was a switch to open a door. But it’s dark in that room and it was behind a bush. I had the gardener remove the bush and added a light to brighten your day.
HDR on XBOX One X is fixed.
I’m going through each level and doing housekeeping where needed. Fixing broken stuff and adjusting annoying aspects down a bit.
Currently thorough test and tune is complete through world 3 (The Desert). There was a lot of annoying things to fix.
Crashes are being addressed.
Game breaking features are also being fixed.
There’s a lot of new levels to add once the main game is stable.
So we’re not done yet. The game will grow.